Today we made these very tasty ANZAC cookies. Our students enjoyed the sensory aspect of the lesson and were eager to smell the ingredients and assist in the cooking process. Big thank you to Kerrie for supplying all of the ingredients. We also read a story called ‘ANZAC Biscuits’ by Phil Cummings. I highly recommend it 😊
Today was our ANZAC service at school. I was very proud to see the students of our school participate in such a solemn occasion with respect and dignity. It’s a tribute to the amazing work my friend, and colleague does. Janelle is our resident history expert and teacher Liberian (amongst other roles). Janelle takes the time to create and implement programs that are relevant, accessible, and truthful. Our students thrive and always look forward to her lessons. They have been learning about Australian history and the meaning behind ANZAC day. Our students were an integral part of the service and our community members were also included. Such a beautiful day. Truly grateful to have you at our school Janelle.
What you need:
- Olive oil (1.5 tablespoons)
- Chicken thigh fillers (4)
- Dried herbs (3 tablespoons)
What to do:
- Combine oil and herbs in a glass mixing bowl
- Place the chicken fillets into the bowl and massage the seasoning all over them. Your chicken should be completely covered.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a fry pan on medium heat.
- When the pan is hot place the chicken in the pan and put a lid on it.
- After five minutes remove the lid and cook for two minutes.