I’m grateful for a Halloween themed cheer night. Tonight we had two teams training together and helping each other to achieve their best. It was a night of embracing cheer, our teams, our club and ourselves. It was a night that empowered and motivated and inspired. I’m so grateful to be a part of a club that values teamwork, athleticism and sportsmanship. And if anyone is curious I was a drowned sailor 😉#attitudeiseverything #anorchidsview #halloween #grateful💖

Chloe’s Snowy Wreaths

What you need:

  • Craft wire
  • Feather bower
  • Fabric glue
  • Sequins

What to do:

Wrap the boa around your head to size your wreath 

Cut the boa with sharp scissors to your size.

Cut the wire the same length as the boa.

Intwine the boa and wire.

Join the ends by twisting the wire ends together.

Add sequins to your wreath by applying small amounts of fabric glue. 

And you are finished!

Neon Party

Last night I attended a neon party. I have to admit I was a little sceptical at first as it’s the middle of winter and neon colours are generally not my thing – BUT, I am happy to be wrong. I had a fabulous time. The black lights, the face paint and the novelty of all things ‘glowing’ made for a really upbeat and ‘hip’ night. This is a theme that all generations embraced, enjoyed and ​loved. I am so glad that the birthday girl (a very close friend of mine) had a great night. 

This theme really showed how clever, creative and upbeat she really is. Jess has the rare ability to bring groups of people from all walks of life together. She makes them laugh, feel wanted, happy and comfortable. I am so blessed to have someone with such a beautiful heart in my life.

Country and Western

So the theme was ‘country and western’ and of course we decided to go as cowgirls/farmers. This was probably our easiest theme. Flannelette shirts, overalls/jeans and pig tails.  I decided to opt for a wreath of hair flowers and Jess sported her hat. We both wore boots. The freckles were done with eye liner. So easy and effective. Yee Ha!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

IMG_1340 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1341


The costume was an oversized green shirt that I painted. I used material paints for the design and then added some glitter using puff paints. I put newspaper inside the shirt while I painted so that no paint would drip through to the back of the shirt. I only put the design on the front as our shells would cover the back.

We wore green leggings, green shoes and green socks.


We painted our nails bright green and added glitter.

IMG_1507 - Copy - Copy - Copy


We wanted to look some what girly. We tied our hair in pig tails and added lots of green ribbons. (I left my hair in plaits all day and undid them when it was time for the party so that they were crinkly).

IMG_1505 - Copy - Copy - Copy


Sadly I forgot to take a photograph of our shells. I made shells by sewing together a heap of scraps that were browns/greens/greys and then I did small spirals of glitter to add texture. I made the cloth in to bags by simply sewing two squares together on three sides. I stuffed the bags with small pillows before tacking the final side. I added two arm straps and the job was done.

IMG_1504 - Copy - Copy - Copy


For our faces we used acrylic paint.I did trial using face paint but the brand I used must have been pretty cheap as the colours were quite pale. The acrylic paint was fine and it washed off with soap and water.

We first applied facial moisturizer. And then it was on with the paint. Paint the eye lids first, then the mask and finally the face. This way you are not overlapping and trying to colour between the lines.

It took a lot of layers to make the green this vibrant.


IMG_1064 - Copy - Copy - Copy

The theme was ‘Commando’.


Jess and I got our outfits at charity shops, borrowed from friends and family and even made a couple of headbands from camo material bought from the local haberdashery shop.


For our faces we used ‘army’ paint that can be purchased at hunting shops/ disposal shops. To get the best effect you need to apply it quite heavily and randomly ALL over the face. We didn’t put it on our lips because we were going to eat dinner and it is yukky! We applied eyeliner and mascara so that we still looked some what feminine.

IMG_1053 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1067 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1054 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1051 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1049 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1043 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1041 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1045 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1046 - Copy - Copy - CopyIMG_1048 - Copy - Copy - Copy

80’s Tight and Bright 


We teased and back combed, and when that was done we used ghds to flick out the tips. We then tipped our heads upside down and applied copious amounts of hair spray. We let the spray dry before putting our heads up.
Make up

First we applied a heavy base coat. Several layers of blush. Selected bright eye shadows and applied them liberally all over the lids to the crease before fading them slightly to the brow bone. We then applied two coats of mascara.


This was easy. Anything tight and bright. We then layered up the look. Added sweat bands and leg warmers and wore our joggers. 



 This look was achieved very simply. I applied my base makeup as usual. Lined my eyes with gold. Added mascara and then a bindi that I bought from a local shop. My ‘sari’ was a pretty piece of organza that I attached ribbons to and added glitter to with puff paint. I then wore it draped over a singlet and tights. I added large earrings and many bangles.