I’ve not forgotten Liptember I’ve just been too unwell to wear lippy the last few days.
Today I found courage through friendship. Talking.. sharing your thoughts.. reaching out to others.. it’s so easy to just look inwards and believe that only you are suffering. The moment you start looking beyond yourself is the moment you realise you’re not alone. You might not realise it, but there’s plenty of other people going through tough times. Some may even be experiencing something similar to what you’re going through. Don’t hold the weight of the world on your shoulders. Share that weight with those around you and suddenly the load becomes manageable. I’m blessed to have beautiful hearts in my life who have helped me to lessen the load that was weighing me down for far too long.
So today was a day of medical appointments.. and a day to ‘kiss away the blues’ (hope you get the little joke there 😉). Each and everyday there is someone out there suffering from mental illness.. and there’s a simple way that we can all help each other. All you have to do is ask.. ‘are you okay?’ That way the person knows that someone cares.. and let’s face it – all of us care about our friends, our work colleagues, our families.. but sometimes when life is getting us down we can forget that we too are loved. So let’s all reach out to each other.. are you okay?
Today I remembered something that perhaps I’d pushed to the back of my mind this past week. Instead of focusing on my blessings, I was focussed on what was stressing me. As Liptember is about raising awareness for women’s mental health – it’s also a way of helping others realise that our resilience only exists if we have to overcome adversity. How will we ever know how strong we are if we are never challenged. Right now is a challenging time for me. But I also know I’ve been through worse and I will bounce back. So to count my blessings today.. 1. seeing the lovely Tahlia come back from surgery healed and whole.
2. Having a lunch with one of my favourite pals
3. Catching up with some gal pals for a chat after school
4. Sharing my worries and stresses with a dear friend, knowing that my thoughts and feelings were accepted and legitimate… and knowing I’m not alone in my stresses
5. Finding the bath bomb and chocolates two gorgeous girlfriends gifted me as a cheer up
6. Being able to comfortably wear overalls that were previously too tight for our Book Week Parade.. ps hence why I have fake freckles and a flannelette top 😉
7. Coming home to a mum who had attempted yet another Chloe friendly recipe
9. Delicious dinner.. stuffed capsicums
10. Cuddles with my kitten and bunny
My blessings far outweigh my stressings. How does your day add up? I’m am truly blessed. I’m so grateful to have such kind, beautiful hearts ensure that I remember that I’m loved.